"The City of Espoo is looking to co-create new sustainable governance, innovations in climate action and citizen involvement in order to achieve the UN Agenda 2030, " says Ville Taajamaa, City of Espoo.
The city of Espoo is located on the northern shore of the Gulf of Finland, bordering the cities of Helsinki and Vantaa. It has a population of around 300,000 inhabitants. It is the second-most populous city in Finland.
Within ALLIANCE, Espoo is looking into:
- Creating innovative solutions including service and technology innovations in order to achieve climate neutrality in multistakeholder collaboration
- Engaging SMEs, research institutions and citizens in co-creation
- Use the Local Green Deals to contribute to the UN Agenda 2030 SDGs
Espoo's priority sectors to work on are:
- Innovative and collaborative models for green transformation of business and SMEs
- Green infrastructure
- Local sustainable value chains
Through ALLIANCE, Espoo expects to benchmark itself with other cities and advance in its stakeholders' engagement. It is also an opportunity to further engage with NGOs and citizens.