Second Alliance Sprint in Espoo, Finland
27 January 2023
The next Alliance Knowledge Exchange Sprint will be held in Espoo on 8-9 February 2023, on how cities can accelerate the transformation towards sustainability by localising the European Green Deal. ICLEI invites interested Cities to take part in this in-person workshop, with a travel budget available for a small number of candidates. Cities and regions interested in joining can reach out to Niklas Mischkowski by 15 September.
Where: Espoo, Finland
When: 8 -9 Feb
For whom: cities and partner organisations interested in implementing LGDs, based on the ICC LGD-Blueprint
This peer-to-peer workshop is part of ALLIANCE, an EU-funded project enhancing the implementation of Local Green Deals. Through it, the cities of Espoo (Finland), Mannheim, and Umea (Sweden), together with local social or sustainable economy partners, have convened a “Local Green Deal Leadership Group”, a platform to exchange good practices, challenges, and learnings. The meeting in Mannheim is a hands-on opportunity to learn about the experiences of the three cities and how they are planning to concretise Memoranda of Understanding - the actual “deals” for action - with different stakeholders.
ALLIANCE IN THE MEDIA
- Sustain Europe: The cities of Espoo, Mannheim and Umea join forces to push forward their Local Green Deals
- TheMayor.EU: Three EU cities will scale down the European Green Deal
- Good News Finland: Cities in Finland, Germany and Sweden team up for sustainable change
- Open Access Government: Cities can realise Europe’s climate ambitions
- EyS Municipales:El Pacto Verde Europeo se vuelve local